The Summer School will offer postgraduate and PhD students and early career researchers the opportunity to interact with international scholars with a background in a variety of social science fields relevant to an advanced political ecology approach to the socio-environmental crisis.
Topics addressed include:
- Critical perspectives on the crisis (post-Marxist, de/post-colonial, feminist, etc.)
- Environmental justice, ontological struggles and everyday environmentalism in the global North and South
- Innovation and the transformation of capitalism: emergent technologies and new arrangements of production and reproduction
- Climate change, catastrophism and chronopolitics
- Just transition, work and sustainable welfare
- Growth, limits and de/post-growth
- The Anthropocene as risk and opportunity for socio-ecological change
- Value, valuation and valorisation
- Alternative economies and conceptions of economy
- “More-than-human” ecologies and ecologies of care
Due to the limitations imposed by emergency legislation, the course will be held on an e-learning platform.
Thanks to the helpfulness of the University of Pisa the tuition to the summer school will be free of charge.
Prof. Luigi Pellizzoni email@example.com
Summer/Winter School Office firstname.lastname@example.org